SARAH Inc, KIDSTEPS is looking for a Full-Time Autism Services Coordinator in our Early Intervention program responsible for coordinating the overall operation of services to children and their families.
Located in Connecticut, KIDSTEPS is a Birth to Three intervention program offering a variety of competitive benefits and a flexible schedule to its employees. Joining KIDSTEPS is an opportunity to work with a dedicated and knowledgeable staff to help children maximize their potential. Our philosophy within the B23 program is to ensure the development and implementation of activities that are FAMILY-centered and promote positive outcomes for individuals served.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (Not Limited To):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of early intervention best practices, childhood development, family systems, and disabilities
- Understanding of company policies and procedures, applicable regulatory requirements and standards, and community resources
- Skill in supervising and training staff in a positive manner
- Ability to work with families and children with differing abilities
- Skill in planning, organizing, problem solving, and decision making, mentoring and training staff in a positive manner
- Ability to demonstrate good communication, cultural sensitivity, and interpersonal skills necessary to provide guidance and instruction to families
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible hours and drive/travel to varying locations as needed
QUALIFICATIONS and PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Must maintain valid Connecticut license as a physician, clinical psychologist or clinical social worker per CT State Birth to Three professional regulations. Supervisory experience preferred. Must have a valid United States driver’s license with an acceptable driving history as defined by SARAH Inc.’s policy, AND have internet access, cell phone, and reliable transportation.
Must be able to sit, stand, and walk at an assigned location(s) and work for extended periods of time; bend/stoop, kneel and balance frequently; climb, reach above shoulder level; push/pull, squat and crouch occasionally; with assistance, lift, carry and position individuals of various weight. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.