SARAH Inc. is a leader in the health services industry providing quality services and support to people with developmental and physical disabilities. We are looking for dedicated individuals to work in our Employment Services program providing assistance to people served by SARAH Inc. to secure meaningful employment and to provide and/or arrange the necessary job supports to ensure success.
SARAH Inc. offers a competitive benefits program including: Medical; HSA; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Life/AD&D; Voluntary Short Term and Long Term Disability; TeleDoc; 401K
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not limited to):
Assist Program Manager in the overall management and coordination of program services. This includes driving to various job site locations to review employee performance and assist with job duties/questions as needed to supervise, assign work, and evaluate assigned employee’s performance. Assume responsibilities of the manager in his/her absence.
Ensure employees and operations are in compliance with agency policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Motivate employees to succeed and improve in order to bring employment services to a higher level.
Assist with employee relation issues as needed, including assisting with disciplinary notifications.
Develop, implement and ensure quality program/employment service outcomes in the individual plan of service. Facilitate employment, transportation and other activities that meet service participant outcomes.
Ensure accurate and timely completion of billing, attendance and other similar financial duties as required. Review and approve employee timecards as assigned on a weekly basis.
Generate, compile, and maintain all required documentation and case files. Write and submit professional quality reports in a timely manner.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with service participants, direct care staff, employers, funding sources, and all other stakeholders.
- Explore opportunities to add value to the job and recommend changes to the manager.
Promote community awareness of SARAH Inc. services.
Ensure safety is being maintained in the work environment at all times.
Attend required meetings and in-service training sessions and other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of person-centered, outcome-based services for people with differing abilities, company policies and procedures, applicable regulatory standards and community resources
- Skill in supervising and training staff, planning and organizing, problem solving
- Effectively write and communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend to the physical and personal needs of adults with differing abilities, problem-solve effectively, maintain confidentiality, use adaptive and other equipment
- Ability to read and understand budgets and financial information, work successfully independently and in a team environment, and work flexible hours in varying locations as needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School diploma required. Minimum of 2 years of experience providing employment supports to people with differing abilities. Must be able to provide support and services utilizing community based resources. Flexible hours. Must be over 21 and possess a valid Connecticut driver’s license, have an acceptable driving history and be able to utilize your own vehicle for SARAH business as defined by SARAH Inc.’s policy.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT: Must be able to sit, stand and walk at an assigned location(s) and work for extended periods of time; bend/stoop, kneel and balance frequently; climb, reach above shoulder level; push/pull, squat and crouch occasionally; with assistance, lift, carry and position individuals of various weight. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to drive multi-passenger vehicles for extended periods throughout the day.