POSITION SUMMARY: Manage, direct and coordinate the overall operations of assigned geographical area. Ensure operations are in compliance with agency policies and all regulatory requirements. Ensure fiscal responsibility by managing within assigned budget. Supervise and train all staff. Promote community awareness of agency services. Ensure the development and implementation of activities that are person-centered and promote positive outcomes for persons served.
• Direct and coordinate the overall operations of program services in assigned area to ensure compliance with all agency policies and regulatory requirements.
• Provide overall supervision of assigned staff by ensuring effective hiring, training, scheduling and performance evaluation.
• Assist in the development of assigned budget(s) and monitor expenses to assure budget compliance and fiscal accountability.
• Oversee the development, implementation and quality of service programs and activities that are person-centered and promote positive outcomes. Ensure the needs of service participants are met and the necessary supports are provided to meet individual outcomes.
• Actively participate in activities that promote agency mission and strategic plan.
• Ensure timely completion of all required and requested reports and requests for information.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with service participants, families, funders and all other stakeholders.
• Promote an atmosphere of safe working conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well-being of staff and persons served.
• Bachelors degree preferred. High school diploma required;
• Minimum of three years of experience in related field with minimum of two years in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Must be able to provide leadership in a team setting utilizing community based resources.
• Experience with budget management required.
• Must be over 21 and possess a valid Connecticut driver’s license, have an acceptable driving history and be able to utilize your own vehicle for SARAH business as defined by SARAH Inc.’s policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of person-centered, outcome-based services for people with differing abilities
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements and standards
• Knowledge of community resources
• Skill in supervising and training staff in a positive manner
• Skill in planning and organizing
• Skill in problem solving and decision making
• Skill in working with people with differing abilities
• Skill in operating standard office equipment, computer and various software packages
• Skill in implementing programs & activities as outlined in the individual support plan
• Skill in communicating effectively in a courteous and professional manner
• Skill in writing clearly and concisely to maintain accurate records
• Ability to read and understand policies and regulations and to translate general guidelines in to specific action.
• Ability to read and understand budgets and financial information.
• Ability to attend to the physical and personal needs of adults with differing abilities
• Ability to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide guidance and instruction to adults with significant challenges
• Ability to work successfully, both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to use adaptive and other equipment
• Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel to varying locations as needed