The Hyland House/Whitfield Historical Society
Local & Historical Homes & Attractions
The Hyland House is an historic house museum, named for George Hyland, the settler who purchased the land on which it stands in 1657.
The two-story saltbox structure was built in 1713 by Hyland’s son-in-law Isaac Parmelee. The National Registry of Historic Places describes it as a “landmark building in the history of domestic architecture.”
The house opened as a non-profit museum in 1918.